Monday, August 17, 2009

Does it get any easier

Everyday, I think about her, and everyday, I have the same tear in my eye! I think about how my mother is crying daily missing her mother, and I think about all the things I wish I could have learned from her. I wish I could have learned to quilt, to cook with her, to be like she was. She was kind beyond measure and generous to all who were breathing. If the world had more like her, the problems of this world would be less. I wish I could talk to her just one more time.

In May at one of my wedding showers, I told my mom that the one person who would enjoy this party more than me would be my grandmother. She loved people...she loved talking. I wonder who I could have gotten that trait from. As I stated in a previous blog, she was the matriarch of the family. She lived, ate, and breathed family. From supporting her family while they were young and till they were older. She held each of us so dear to her heart. I am so thankful that I have the memories that I have. She was and is one of the most amazing women I have ever known. I hope that I will be half the woman that she was! I love you Grandma Lorene!

No comments:

Post a Comment