Wednesday, January 25, 2012

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourself." Philippians 2:3

Definitions:
Selfish: the act of caring only for oneself
Humility: the quality of being modest and respectful

Many times you find yourself wanting to correct others behavior because they think differently or act differently than you do. I know I often struggle to realize there are others out there than only "ME". God calls us to be respectful of others we do not agree with. A disagreement or a misunderstanding can often cause us to be selfish or hateful in our feelings towards others. When we feel this way, it is important for us to go before that person and be humble. In some cases we even need to ask their forgiveness...which is called "Humble Pie". I know God has a great plan and in that play if we humble ourselves before him and our neighbors, he will do great things in us!

God ,
Thank you for sending me this word today. It seem this is an area we all struggle with at some time or another. I pray that you help me to humble myself before others and change the selfishness in my heart so that I can love others the way you love me. By showing your love, a relationship may be formed or someone may come to know you. I thank you for the love you showed me at the cross and for the love that is so abundant still today! In your name I pray... Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment