Friday, January 27, 2012

A Living Sacrifice

Romans 12:1-2

"I beseech you therefore brethren, by the mercies of God to present yourself a living sacrifice holy and acceptable to God which is your reasonable service, and do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is good and acceptable and the perfect will of God"

What power we hold when we are in the will of God! In Romans chapter 12, scripture begins by encouraging us to present ourselves to God as a sacrifice. When we sacrifice we give without question. We give ALL.

He secondly tells us to not go with the norm. My mother told me all throughout high school to live in the world, but to not live like the world. That can be a hard one for ladies and gents of all ages. We all want to fit in, but it is being strong in our moral christian character that makes us stand out. The scripture tells us to be transformed by the renewing of our mind. When I read that statement, I see God cleaning the chalkboard and saying, "okay, lets start over again". He is always our cheerleader and so he sets us up a new game plan, pats us on the back and tells us to go win the game. When we allow God to transform us, others will notice. It is when we are lukewarm or cold that others see us as the norm.

God,
Today, I pray that you would transform me by the renewing of my mind. Lets clean the chalkboard and get a new game plan so that in all that I do I will be doing your will. God I want others to see you in me. I want the work I do for you to be a testament for the love I have for you. God let this renewal in me spread to those around me. Let them feel the revival spirit in my heart. Lord let your spirit overflow in my heart, in my home, and in my church. Thank you for this renewal. Thank you for loving me and for always guiding me! In your name I pray, AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment