Thursday, January 26, 2012

Rejoice and Again I say Rejoice

Phillipians 4: 4-7

"Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, present your requests to God. And the peace of God that goes beyond all understanding will guard your hearts and minds"

Definitions:
Rejoice: to be happy!
Gentleness: kind in our disposition!


Be happy in the Lord...I say it again...Be happy in the Lord! So many times we find ourselves grumbling about little things. Someone pulled out in front of us...the line is to long at the grocery store...I missed my favorite television show again...! Many of our grumblings mean nothing when compared to the lives others lead! In Philippians, the scripture encourages us to be happy in the Lord. He tells us to let our kindness show.

The next statement is one we all deal with...When hard times come and we become anxious we often let that show on our faces. We let our anxieties rule our lives. The scripture tell us to not be anxious... to present your needs to God and he will give you the peace that passes all understanding.

We have to put our faith in God for all things. We are nothing without him. If we stand under his umbrella and follow him as he has asked, I believe by faith prayers will be answered.

God,
Thank you for the words in Philippians to rejoice. Thank you for your words to not be anxious but to rely on you. I pray today that for myself and for others that we will rely on you and rejoice in you for all things. I thank you because I know you do all things well and that in all things, you love me and you want to do all things for my good! I pray you will embrace us this week and help us to to find our joy and rejoice in you always! In your name I pray,

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment